- To advance children’s rights and equality for girls
To advance children’s rights and equality for girls
Leave no one behind and transform lives of children.
Plan International is a children’s charity. We strive to advance children’s rights and equality for girls all over the world.
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
When disasters or conflict threatens children's lives and well-being, We are quick to respond.
Together, we are transforming lives.
80 years Ago and Today
Plan's roots trace back to 1937, when two British journalists began working to assist children orphaned during the Spanish Civil War. In 1940s, with the outbreak of the Second World War, Plan extended its work to include displaced children within war-torn Europe. In 1950s, with the need in Europe reduced, Plan looked further afield for children who would benefit from its work. We gradually began working with deprived children throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Plan is today one of the worlds largest non-governmental development organizations, with more than 80 years experience in development, working in more then 70 countries and with more than 1.4 million sponsored children.
We strive for a just world that advances children's rights and equality for girls.
We engage people and partners to:
- Empower children, young people and communities to make vital changes that tackle the root causes of discrimination against girls, exclusion and vulnerability.
- Drive change in practice and policy at local, national and global levels through our reach, experience and knowledge of the realities children face.
- Work with children and communities to prepare for and respond to crises and to overcome adversity.
- Support the safe and successful progression of children from birth to adulthood.
Marketing & Communication Dept.
(Operation Hours: 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri. excluding national holidays)