Every Small Effort-a Link to the Future
Plan encourages children's rights and extends their potentials
Plan is a non-profit, non-governmental organization headquartered in the United Kingdom. It is a development organization recognized by the United Nations. Plan provides assistance for community development involving the children in 51 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Based on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, we aim to realize a world where all children can enjoy their rights and reach their full potential. Today there are about 37,000 Sponsors in Japan and 1,110,000 around the world.
Plan International: https://www.plan-international.jp/
Plan's roots trace back to 1937, when two British journalists began working to assist children orphaned during the Spanish Civil War. In 1940s, with the outbreak of the Second World War, Plan extended its work to include displaced children within war-torn Europe. In 1950s, with the need in Europe reduced, Plan looked further afield for children who would benefit from its work. We gradually began working with deprived children throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Plan is today one of the worlds largest non-governmental development organizations, with more than 75 years experience in development, working in 70 countries and with more than 1.4 million sponsored children.
The vision of Plan is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies which respect peoples rights and dignities.
- 1. To enable deprived children, their families, and their communities to meet their basic
needs; and to increase their ability to participate in and benefit from their societies.
- 2. To foster relationships that increase understanding and unity among peoples of different
cultures and countries.
- 3. To promote the rights and interests of the world's children.
- 1. Being a child-centered community development organization
- 2. Making long-term commitments to children living in poverty
- 3. Assisting as many children as possible
- 4. Building relationships
- 5. Working in partnerships and alliances
- 6. Being a recognized voice
(Operation Hours: 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri. excluding national holidays)